I recently ordered the Gentle Baby essential oil blend after reading about it in my EO pocket reference. Olivia had a pretty gnarly drool rash on her chin the day it arrived in the mail. I applied 1 drop mixed with 1 drop of coconut oil to the area before I put her down for bed because the pocket reference said that it was good to use on rashes, and I swear to you, the next morning her rash was completely gone.
After witnessing her rash get better literally overnight, I decided to put it in a rollerball so I could just swipe it wherever I needed it instead of worrying about diluting it every time I wanted to use it.
You Will Need:
- 10 mL glass rollerball, preferably dark glass to preserve oil potency
- YL Gentle Baby essential oil blend
- YL Lavender essential oil (optional since lavender is in GB)
- cold pressed, organic coconut oil
Before I tell you how I concocted this magic diaper potion that can be used on so more than just baby bums, I want to introduce you to the oils you’ll be working with.
Lavender – antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, relaxing. (can go on skin alone)
Gentle Baby – a blend of coriander, lavender, lemon, and a handful of flowers like jasmine, rose, and geranium. (needs to be diluted 50/50 with a carrier oil) Good for relaxing pregnant mamas, improving stretch marks, chapped skin, and cranky babies.
- Pull the roller ball off of the top of the vial
- Add 20 drops Gentle Baby + 10 drops lavender
- Top off with coconut oil
- Pop roller ball back on the top of the vial
- Apply to chapped skin anywhere on the body (or on the back of neck/bottoms of feet before bed) and enjoy the soothing properties of the oils along with the glorious scent.